(click to enlarge)
A repair tool for corrupted PDF files
Recovery Toolbox for PDF helps to repair damaged *.PDF data files
Recovery Toolbox for PDF (download) is intended for recovering data from damaged .pdf (Portable Document Format) files - the international standard of portable electronic documents. The current version of the program can recover:
- Content of PDF files. You can recover text, graphics, hyperlinks and object forms used in the document.
- Fonts and other metadata. Fonts and other metadata are usually integrated into PDF documents for their correct rendering. The program is capable of restoring these data in the majority of cases depending on the extent or file corruption.
- PDF file parameters. PDF files contain information about their version and page sizes. If the recovery of page parameters is impossible, you can manually add such parameters as page size and orientation.
- Structure of PDF files. PDF documents contain tables of internal cross-links forming the document structure. If these tables are damaged, the document may end up being unreadable. The software is capable of restoring these data and links.
EULA - End User License Agreement
Adobe PDF repair software
The Adobe PDF repair tool uses a highly efficient proprietary recovery engine, which enables users to restore most or all of the information from damaged PDF files that may appear irrecoverable for other tools.
The damaged PDF repair software has a friendly user interface and can work with minimal user input, which may come handy for novices and intermediate users.
The PDF recovery software also has a number of additional settings that can broaden the range of documents it can work with.
The corrupt PDF Fixer does not modify the original file in any way. It only reads and analyzes the data from the source PDF file. However, we recommend making a backup copy of the original file prior to starting the recovery process.
PDF recovery software.
The damaged PDF fix program is provided in two versions: DEMO (free) and FULL (commercial). The free trial version has no document analysis limitations, but you can only save the first page of the document.
Recovery of pdf files consists of several stages:
- Selection of a damaged file
You can manually enter the file name, choose a file using the standard Open File dialog or use the list of previously opened files.
- Modification of program settings
This stage is optional, but it allows you to specify the default page size and orientation for the whole document.
- Analysis of document parameters, structure and content
At this stage, the software performs a preliminary analysis of the document, scans the objects in the document, identifies their structure, determines the location of text data and other data, analyzes cross-link tables and performs other actions necessary for the recovery process.
- Selection of an output file
Once the document analysis is over, the program prompts you for the name of the output file. By default, the software suggests saving the recovered document into the same folder the original file was located in, with a name composed of the original file name and the _repaired suffix.
- Selection of the format of the output file
You can save documents in the PDF format of any version, from 1.0 (Acrobat Reader 1.0) to 1.7 (Acrobat Reader 8.0). By default, the software suggest saving the document in the format matching the format of the original file. If it fails to determine the version of the PDF file, it suggest saving it in the latest version of the format, which is PDF 1.7 (Acrobat Reader 8.0).
Attention! If you select a file version older than the version of the source file, some data incompatible with the selected version may be lost or corrupted.
- Recovering data and saving the document
At this stage, the program extracts data from the source document based on the results of the previously performed analysis and saves it into the destination file. The program performs the following actions:
The work of the program at this stage is fully automated and does not require any user's actions.
- Validates the previously analyzed document structure and data and copies them to the memory of your computer
- Checks the document for remaining objects and fixes them
- Compresses the objects and saves them into the specified output file
- Saves the tables of internal cross-links
- Saves the document trailer
The trial version of the program only saves the first page of the document into the output file. The rest of the pages will have the word DEMO printed across them. To completely unlock the recovery capabilities of the program, you have to purchase the full version of the program.
- Viewing the recovery report
Once the recovery process is complete, the software shows a report containing the following information:
The report is generated for each file processed during the current recovery session.
- The date and time of the beginning of the recovery process
- The path and name of the source file
- The number of detected objects
- The path and name of the output file
- The number of objects saved into the output file
- The date and time of the end of the recovery process
Repair PDF file damage
How to repair PDF file damage? You can go back at any stage and change the document recovery settings. You can also choose another PDF file to recover and exit the program at any time.
The PDF (Portable Document Format) format was developed by Adobe in 1993. It utilized a fraction of the capabilities of the PostScript language and was a platform-independent open format of electronic documents, which became an international ISO 32000 standard in 2007. Over these years, this format has become the standard means of distribution of electronic documents. The majority of manufacturers, public companies and businesses provide user manuals, technical specifications and other electronic documents in the PDF format. Some computer components and peripherals, such as scanners and printers, support this format directly.
Due to the fact that the PDF format is widely used on the Internet, PDF documents can be damaged due to connection errors and incorrect encoding, let alone the dangers caused by local factors, such as viruses and hardware malfunctions.
How to fix PDF file?
How to fix PDF file? Recovery Toolbox for PDF (pdfrecovery) is a powerful, efficient and easy-to-use data recovery solution for PDF files that will help you avoid losses of time and money. The PDF recover software allows you to quickly recover a seriously damaged file and does not require any special knowledge, data recovery pdf.
How to repair PDF files that are corrupted? If you are not satisfied with the results produced by the PDF file repair software, you can always send the damaged file to the program authors for in-depth analysis how to recover pdf file structure.
Recovery Toolbox for PDF is answer on questions:
- How to convert PDF corrupted file into uncorrupted file?
- How to repair damaged PDF file?
- How to repair damaged PDF files?